Saturday, November 19, 2011

When does the high school ice hockey season start?

I am writing a story and my characters (a teenage boy who is 17 and a teenage girl who is 17) both play high school ice hockey. The story is set in Minnesota at a high school where the main sport is ice hockey. I need to know when it starts and how long it goes for and when it ends. I really don't know a lot about ice hockey and so any other information will be good. I've played field hockey and so know how to play and the positions if they are the same. Thanks.|||Well, I'm from the Western Canada. Practices have started, and games start in early January.|||I'm from MN and played hockey in high school. We start late October/early November. Try-outs are for about a week, then practices start, then games. The season ends sometime in February/March. It depends on how well the team does. If they go to state, the girl's tournament is in late February whereas the boy's is early March.





I don't know what positions are in field hockey, but in ice it's 3 forwards (left wing, center, right wing), 2 defense, and then the goalie.|||Late fall in texas..



november 15th is mn first practice date http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/activitypage.鈥?/a>|||practices just started about two weeks ago and i think the first game (for my school) is tomorrow and it goes until like february or march i think...im not sure when it ends|||Games started in early October here in Pennsylvania.|||Games started for the Hartland, Michigan Eagles last week. They won their home opener last night 6-0!

No comments:

Post a Comment