Saturday, November 19, 2011

What does hockey have to do with sweatshop clothes and shoes?

One would think that if your going to sucker some in the hockey section to buy something from spam advertising at least offer to sell some hockey stuff. Geez!





Also what expensive items things hockey or related too would you like to get at a discount and how much?|||To answer your question, some hockey manufacturers have some of their stuff made in China under conditions that aren't exactly the best.





It's why I only buy stuff made in North America. It may cost a few dollars more, but it's worth it. I look for that label that says Made in Canada or Made in America.





I have no need to buy a hockey sweater (I have a Leafs sweater which I've had for several years...don't really need another one), and I have a couple Team Canada items...sorted on all of that then. A friend of a friend of a friend hooked me up with a really nice Team Canada waterproof windshirt (great for travel or the golf course, with that iconic Hockey Canada logo...only sullied by that swoosh on the other breast and just below the neck).





Equipment...I usually buy the old model stuff and save a ton. So while everyone's all hopped up to buy the 2010 year stuff, I'm happy saving a a ton buying the 2009 stuff. It's every bit as good. Plus, I don't really care about colour. My blocking glove doesn't have to be cobalt blue and midnight fuscia (or whatever). Plain white or whatever "stock" colour they have is fine. It's hockey, not a fashion show.





FWIW, I've done the same thing when I buy golf equipment. I picked up a few wedges that will soon be illegal for the PGA Tour but legal for amateurs for at least another 5-10 years (because of the grooves on the face of the club)...at a screaming discount.|||Air Jordans!


I'd love to get me some X:60 skates...unfortunnally I'm willing to only pay for one skate, sorry $600 for skates is just too much!|||coherence is a wonderful thing.





does. not. compute.|||TICKETS!!!!!!!!!|||I would really like to get a discount on Nike Shox or an Easton Stealth baseball bat. In hockey, I would also like to get a discount on X:60 skates and an Easton S17 stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment