Saturday, November 19, 2011

What is the training that a professional hockey player goes through?

I'm doing a school project on hockey players and I tried looking everywhere on their training methods. Try to answers these two questions:





1-What are the number of hours dedicated to off-season training, in season training and pre and post season training?





2-What is the proper weight training, nutrition, stretching agility training, cardio training and rest periods of a profession hockey player?





Thanks so much.|||Here is what I think. Contact a local high school or youth league coach or trainer. If there aren't any near you, e-mail the trainer for your favorite team. I have gotten several letters over the years from the Red Wings trainer(s) when I had questions. Also, ask any players you know.





Off season training is more up to the individual I think. Some work harder than others. It's all about conditioning so I imagine most players try to stay in shape somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment