Saturday, November 19, 2011

How could I start my own hockey team at my highschool?

I go to a school in NC and I was intrested in starting a hockey club/team. I was wondering if anyone has any advice/experience. Im sure I could round up at least 6 - 10 people. In normal hockey you need 6 people on the feild at once.





This would be roller hockey of course and I was wondering if there were any tournaments we could enter?





Any advice.|||I started an adult beginner ice hockey team, so I can assume the process is about the same. I put out flyers, posted on local message boards and talked to everyone I knew. once I got enough people interested, I started talking to local rinks and leagues. For Ice you need 20 people (includes 2 goalies) for a team.





you can do it, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.|||I see you mentioning about roller hockey, and usually, rollerhockey plays 4 on 4 hockey(not including the goalie) so just gather a few cuz the roller hockey isn't like three periods of 20 minutes, its more like 22 minutes halves so its a quick game and a LOT OF FUN :D

Report Abuse


|||I live in NC too + the closest hockey rink is about an hour away. My brother started an ice team at our school. You should talk to the manager of the rink first + see if they could get word to other surrounding high schools to start a team and then get about 10-15 people from your school. good luck!

Report Abuse


|||You can't like Britney Spears can't sing|||first you would have to talk with your principal and also the sports director and then prbably get enough people interested in it and enough people to sign up its probably going to be a little harder than just that but that would be t he beginning process of getting a High School Hockey team started

No comments:

Post a Comment