Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do i start playing hockey?

I'm 16 and new to hockey but I really want to play. I played floor hockey in gym class and was pretty good. I used to skate a little but not really. I am interested in both ice and roller hockey. I have been saving up for equipment too.|||It really all depends on which on you want to do more. Ice hockey typically casts a little bit more to play, but If money isn't a factor I would go with ice. If you end up trying both, you'll notice that each type of hockey (floor, roller, and ice) all have there subtle differences.





I would find out where the nearest ice rink is and how much open skate costs. I would do that for a while until you are comfortable with skating. After that there are usually high school or junior leagues you can join. Also a lot of rinks offer a "stick and shoot", "puck and pass", etc. that you can practice your stick handling and shooting. If this option isn't available, I would highly consider roller hockey.





You can play just about anywhere (you might have to use a puck instead of a ball) as long as the surface is dry. You can practice your inline skating skills just about anywhere. There tends to be a few less pads required when playing roller too, so it wont cost as much.


If you need any other tips or advice... or if you have any more questions , www.schoolyardpuck.com has some good info.|||well first of all you going to want to go to your local sports center and learn to skate.


next your gonna need to learn the rules of hockey and go to a local rink and play in some games.


then go buy yourself good quality equipment. nothings worse then your jock breaking from a slap shot.


the you look on your city's website and look for some beginner hockey teams|||well you have to go to your local YMCA or ice rink to get info on lean to skate or intro to hockey. It might be hard for you to start up now since your age, but most rinks and YMCAs have lens league starting at 18. I would suggest practicing untill that age.|||Awesome!! Its great that you want to play hockey! I have been playing for two years now, and my first year was pretty hard. But It was fun and I got better.


*You could take skating lessons, they usually have different age groups or you could join a team that doesn't need tryouts and do your best like I did. With all my heart I wish You luck!!





Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment